Each selected staging team (through group registration) will be entrusted with a piece to stage :
- L’Opéra de quat’sous (Kurt Weill, Bertolt Brecht) – extracts, actors/singers, electric instrumental ensemble
- Les Aventures du Roi fou (György Ligeti : Aventures, Nouvelles Aventures, Sir Peter Maxwell-Davies : Eight Songs for a Mad King) – soprano, mezzo-soprano, bass, instrumental ensemble
- Song Books (John Cage) (2 singers)
After a period of preparation and presentation of the project (first quarter of 2022), each team will benefit from pedagogical and technical support, a budget for the realization of their project and a dedicated work space from April 29 to May 13, 2023 (one stage per project).
The young conductors and pianists will participate in the rehearsals.
Individual participants in the Academy will attend the rehearsals for the duration of the Academy.
Classes given to all the participants of the Academy will include :
- History and aesthetics of musical theatre since the beginning of the 20th century
- Analysis, dramaturgy and interpretation of contemporary musical and lyrical theater
- Relation entre mise en scène et direction musicale, exercice collectif de la mise en scène
- Discussions and debates
- Master classes will be held by invited artists and open to the public.
Teaching staff, classes and performers
- Antoine Gindt (director, general manager of T&M)
- Elise Capdenat (scenographer, professor at the École nationale supérieure des Arts décoratifs)
- Fanny Brouste (costume designer, head of workshop at the Opéra Comique in Paris)
- Daniel Levy (lighting designer)
- Elodie Brémaud (artistic collaborator on the staging).
- Léo Warynski (conductor and choir director, musical director of the Ensemble Multilatérale and the choir Les métaboles)
- Yoan Héreau (pianist, vocal conductor).
- Dmitri Kourliandski (associate composer)
- Ensemble intercontemporain (Les Aventures du Roi fou)
- The HeadShakers (L’Opéra de quat’sous), professors at CRD de Nîmes
- Mélanie Boisvert, soprano
- Raquel Camarinha, soprano
- Anara Khassenova, soprano
- Laura Muller, mezzo-soprano
- Ivan Ludlow, bass
- Lionel Peintre, bass
- Paul-Alexandre Dubois, bass
2 au 14 mai 2022